Please... Don't Guess About Your Health - Get Checked!
After a car accident, it is VERY important to be checked for spinal injuries. You may be a little stiff or sore, but it may not seem like a serious injury at the time. Often, the effects are not fully known for weeks, months or even years.
Get Checked TODAY for:
Muscle Tension and Spasm around the neck, upper back, shoulders and lower back!
Call our office TODAY at 612-280-1717, the Muscle Tension test will be done for you at
NO-CHARGE & NO OBLIGATION!!
This test can be very important to fully document your condition
for any possible litigation in the future.
Protect your rights!
Chiropractic care is fully covered, 100%, by Minnesota No-Fault, a part of your auto insurance policy.
Our Full Service Care includes:
- Gentle, Pain-Free Chiropractic Adjustments
- Massage Therapy, feel better.. Fast
- Pain Relief Therapy: Low Intensity Laser, Ultrasound, Heat
- We can help you with all the Insurance Company forms
- We will bill your No-Fault Auto Insurance directly (no bill sent to you)
If you have been involved in a car accident, whiplash (neck) injuries need to be taken very seriously. Because symptoms of a whiplash injury can take weeks or months to manifest, it is easy to be fooled into thinking that you are not as injured as you really are.
Too often people don't seek treatment following a car accident because they don't feel hurt. By far, the most common injury to the neck is a whiplash injury.Whiplash is caused by a sudden movement of the head, either backward, forward, or sideways, that results in the damage to the supporting muscles, ligaments and other connective tissues in the neck and upper back.
Unfortunately, by the time more serious complications develop, some of the damage from the injury may have become permanent. Numerous studies have shown that years after whiplash victims settle their insurance claims, roughly half of them state that they still suffer with symptoms from their injuries. If you have been in a motor vehicle or any other kind of accident, don't assume that you escaped injury if you are not currently in pain. Contact us today!
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFO
(This information is Dr. Claussen's opinion only. It comes from many, many years of experience in auto injury care. It is NOT intended as legal advise, however! You should always seek legal advise from an attorney who specializes in auto accident work.)
- Should I speak to the insurance companies? That is always up to you, but remember: Whatever you say is probably being recorded! This can come back to haunt you down the road. One very good reason to have an attorney EARLY in the case is this: The insurance companies should NOT speak to you directly IF you have an attorney. You can just say: "Please speak to my attorney about that." You really don't need to say any more than that, so the pressure is off!
- Do I really need an attorney? If the accident was NOT your fault, I usually recommend that, Yes: you really DO need an attorney early in the case to help protect your rights. If the accident WAS your fault, you may not need an attorney, because your insurance company's attorneys are going to represent the insurance company and also you, indirectly.
- I went to the ER, do I need more? The job of the ER is to make sure that you not have any life-threatening injury or condition. Once they have determined that you do not have a fractured bone or a broken neck, or a chest injury, or a head injury or other serious condition, they will usually release you with some home instructions and/or medications. It is NOT their job to do follow-up care, so they usually tell people to follow-up with their family doctor if the pain does not go away. So... YES, you DO need more, you need to be checked by a spinal specialist: a Chiropractor!
- Why do I still have Pain? If you have been on pain medications, or only have had Physical Therapy, and you have not had your spine checked, you are probably having pain from Spinal Misaligment, Ligament Injury or Disc Damage. You REALLY do need to have a check-up from a spinal specialist: a Chiropractor!
- What IS covered by MN No-Fault? In Minnesota, we have "No-Fault" as part of the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) portion of your auto insurance policy. That means that YOUR insurance company will cover all of your medically necessary care, INCLUDING Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy, at 100%, up to a certain limit (usually $20,000). That is true if the accident was your fault or not: that's what is meant by "No-Fault".
- There are other coverages available under No-Fault: Mileage to and from doctor visits; Replacement services like help with home and yard work if you can't do it; Wage Loss: a percentage of your lost wages, (with a specific maximum) if you are taken off work by your doctor, due to your injury. There are other benefits, too. Ask your attorney or call us for a more complete list.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL ME AT 612-280-1717. THANKS!
Dr. Frederick L. Claussen, D.C.